I watched the other night on Netflix an old Japanese anime movie from Studio Ghibli called "Whisper of the Heart", a movie a friend suggested to watch.
It is basically a love story between a girl who loves reading books, and a boy who has previously checked out all of the library books she chooses and a story which unfolds surrounding it.
What makes the movie so special is the 7 cardinal rules for life which we can extract from it.
1. Make peace with your past so it won't disturb your present.
2. What other people think of you is none of your business.
3. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
4. No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
5. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
6. Stop thinking too much. It's alright not to know the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
7. Smile. You don't own all the problems in the world.
You can find the Original Post HERE.